Available Livestock Terms
- Any livestock available at this time will be listed on this page. We do have a ‘ call list ‘ of interested parties who wish to be notified in advance of advertising for any future offerings. Please notify us if you wish to be placed on the list of people to be notified for first option of purchase prior to advertising for a specific animal type.
- When you are notified that a bovine you expressed in is available, you will have 24 hours from notification to give us a ‘ yes ‘ and mail a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- We are located in the town of Dorchester, SC 29437. Please do not message me asking how far we are from your town/state. I’m sure I wouldn’t know. Use Mapquest and the above address info to determine distance.
- Please note that the livestock are pictured with their Dam & Sire when possible and that any registrations or additional information pertinent to any cow/calf offered is noted in their description information.
- We do not do our own vetting. All of our vaccines and vetting are done by a licensed farm vet and those records are available to our purchasing clients. Our vet is also happy to speak with you regarding any of our animals you have medical questions about in a potential sale.
- There is a deposit required to hold any livestock for any interested parties. That deposit is non-refundable as once you send us a deposit, we no longer consider sale to any other interested party. deposits vary from 1/3 to 1/2 the total price of the animal depending on the type of animal being purchased . You may pay your non-refundable deposit via mailed check . Please be aware that until deposits are received, the animal in question remains available.
- The stated price does NOT include a health certificate for interstate travel. It is up to the client to notify us at the time of deposit what his/her specific state requires for said certificate and an estimate for those charges will be sent. Charges for vetting must be paid PRIOR to services being performed.
- We maintain intense biosecurity . For that reason, we do not invite anyone out to view available livestock that we do not believe to be seriously interested and appropriate buyers.
- We are more than happy to oblige any testing a client wants done over and above the necessary and typical testing done at or before the time of sale, such as AI/A2 typing, ,but that would be at the expense of the potential buyer and must be paid in advance. These expenses would not be refundable regardless to the results or the conclusion of business. We test all of our animals for the major concerns and therefore lack any reason to feel it necessary to test further. ( IE…some folks are very concerned with A1 / A2 testing in dairy cows )
- we live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
- Our contact information is available on the site.
- Once a deal is set and a deposit has been made,we will allow for a reasonable amount of time to pick up your animal. Generally, I will give you up to two weeks if you are out of state, longer if certain circumstances dictate. If you do not have the means to accept delivery within two weeks time of deposit or within the stated weaning date set, please notify me PRIOR to making a deposit so that I can try to work with you.
- Once you accept delivery of your animal I cannot be responsible for illnesses or injury occurring as a result of travel. Your animal will be examined by our vet prior to leaving and you will be provided with a certificate of health when required for travel, so please understand that because of incidences that are out of our control such as ‘ shipping fever’ and/or exposure to other animals, we cannot be held responsible for illness that occurs once they leave us.
Available in August: Hydro–percentage mini Hereford bull calf
Born during a rain storm, meet ‘ Hydro ‘.
Hydro is very calm, not at all freaky like many newborn beef calves. He is exceptionally quiet too, allowing me to pick him up and load him with a moderate struggle and no noise.
Very ‘ beefy ‘ but small at 23 ” and 42 lbs, Hydro is 75% mini Hereford, 100% Hereford.
Our bull calves are raised ‘ hands off ‘ except for necessary handling for vetting or assistance.
His dam, Gert, is 50% mini and shown standing next to standard Hereford X Angus, Dali, in 2nd photo.
His sire is Pistol, Small mini Hereford, shown in 3rd photo.
I expect Hydro to be an mid to upper mid mini bull.
His head is beautifully blocky, but not large as evidenced by the photo with my hand. Both his eyes are rimmed with Hereford red. He seems to be polled, but I will confirm that with our vet in a few weeks. His price is the same, polled or not.
He will be available as a bull at weaning in August.